Dr. Alok Misra
Dean, Kirit P. Mehta School of Law
Phone – 5772 (Extension)
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
M.Sc., LL.B., LL.M., Ph.D. (Law)
Expertise in Statistical Techniques/Dataset Handling/Technical Skills (ICT):
Ph. D. Topic: Feasibility of the Uniform Civil Code in India
Areas of Research Interest: Constitutional Law
Research Projects (Grants undertaken):
Work Experience (Academic):
- Courses taught: 15+
- Teaching Pedagogy and Innovation: Latest, Optimum usage of Information Technology, Multi & Trans Disciplinary
- Total Teaching Experience: 20+ years
(Research based positions; Consulting experience; Industry Exposure; Legal Practice and Other relevant experience falling under this category):
- Total Industry Experience: 10+ years (Legal Practice & Support to NGO)
Fellowships, Achievements, Awards and Honors: 15
Including One International Award, One National Award, One State Level Award, One Institute Level Award, and one Plaque of Honor
Summits, Conferences and Seminars Attended: 100+
Paper Presentations: 40+
- International: 10
- National: 30
- International: 10
- National: 20
- Full Volumes 05
- Chapters in Edited Volumes 02
- Edited Volumes 15
Case Studies: 10
Conference Proceedings: 10
Commentaries/Magazine/Newspaper Articles/Opinions: 10
Book Reviews: 02
Memberships (Academic and Professional only):
- Former Associate Member (Delhi Section) of Amnesty International (London).
- Former Chairman, Human Rights Organization (Delhi University)
- Life Member of Parent Teacher Association of India (Regd.) Delhi, the leading P.T.A. of India, affiliated to International Federation of Parent Education Paris, International Union of Family Organization, Paris & International Confederation of Parents, Paris.
- Member, Academic Council, Mewar University, Chittorgarh (Rajasthan) since 2009.
- Life-Member, Supreme Court Bar Association (Non-Practicing) (SCBA M/98/OS).
- Life Member, Indian Society of International Law, V.K. Krishna Menon Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Member, International Council of Jurists for the period of 2011-2016 at Queen Anne’s Gate, London (Membership No. I-M-00098).
- Life Member, All India Law Teacher’s Congress, New Delhi.
- Life Member, Indian Law Institute, New Delhi (L-1786).
- Former Member, Board of Studies, Amity Law School, Centre II, Amity University Campus, Noida.
- Former Chairman, Board of Studies, Apeejay Stya University, Sohna, Haryana.
- Former Member, Academic Council, Apeejay Stya University, Sohna, Haryana.
Editorial Boards: 05
Workshops and Professional Training Programs Attended: 25
Service to the Institution and Administrative Responsibilities:
As Professor, Principal, Director, Dean and in various capacities in various committees in academics and administration in University System.